Last year, I took part in a scheme called ‘Creative Breaks‘. I’ve written before about how amazing it was and how taking part changed my life (genuinely). Creative Breaks is happening again, starting in September this year. This time, with me as part of the training and mentoring team. We’re looking for people who would like to take part.
So if you’re reading this and live anywhere in Greater Manchester, or you know someone who does, then go ahead and apply! Trust me, you won’t regret it.
- Currently unemployed, volunteering or not working full time?
- Interested in working in the arts, cultural and creative industries (theatre, dance, art, film and design, writing)
- Want on-the-job training in project management, campaigning or learn marketing and promotional skills?
- Interested in the role of Arts and Media in community development, personal growth or social change?
- Based in Greater Manchester?
If you have answered yes to all of these, then you may be interested in applying to the ‘Creative Breaks’ Scheme.
What is the Creative Breaks Scheme?
Creative Breaks is a creative and practical work programme looking to develop key skills and qualities appropriate to working as a freelancer in arts, marketing, event promotion, digital media and project management in the cultural sector.
How does it work?
The scheme offers up to 25 places on a training programme from the 12th Sept. Applicants will work together in groups for 12 weeks to prepare a campaign to raise the profile of a “Hidden Gem” in the Greater Manchester area which will be shared at the end of project event in December. During the course of October and November mandatory training, meetings and coaching sessions will be offered every Monday to further develop your skills. We anticipate your commitment to the project will be 2 days a week.
Apply for a place
- Visit the Creative Breaks web page to download and complete an application form: http://www.panda-arts.org.uk/training-events/training/creative-breaks-training-program/.
Applications will close as soon as all of the places have been filled so please apply sooner rather than later so that you don’t miss out.
Find out more
- Visit the Creative Breaks website: http://www.panda-arts.org.uk/training-events/training/creative-breaks-training-program/.
- Read about my experiences taking part in last year’s programme: https://stuffthingsandopinions.com/tag/creative-breaks/.
- Watch the films made by the Creative Breaks 2015 teams https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEB5qxCL6MFt428j_PsGOwQ.
This programme is funded by AGMA and run by PANDA (Performing Arts Network and Development Agency) working with Union Street Media Arts.